From my last two posts, you would think that all I've done in the past week is laundry...but that's not true. I just haven't had the chance to get on and post about the goings on of the last week. It's been a good week!
Ryan's last day of work was Friday. He was finished by 10:00 a.m., so we spent a couple of hours running errands and then went to Swiss Days up in Midway, UT. We have gone every year since 2004 with our friends, David and Elizabeth Smith. Since then, we've both added two girls to our families and are actually thinking about getting a babysitter next year...
Saturday was filled with the regular Saturday chores of grocery shopping and BYU FOOTBALL! I love football season. And, BYU won their first game. We were super excited about BYU's win and enjoyed watching the game. They're playing UCLA this next week--and I really hope they beat the Bruins. It's going to be a tough challenge, though, as they're playing at the Rose Bowl and UCLA is supposedly a better team than the Cougars. We'll see what happens...
Sunday, we started a new church schedule, with our meetings starting at noon. Earlier in the day, Ryan asked what we were going to do about naptime, since church was RIGHT when my kids take naps. I told him that we were going to pray for the nursery leaders. Whitney will sleep at church, but Kallie will NOT and gets really unruly when she's tired. So--those poor nursery leaders had to deal with about 15 cranky kids! Kallie was so tired that she cried when we dropped her off at nursery--and she hasn't cried in several months. I just hope she can adjust to this new schedule.
Monday, we did a TON of shopping. We got a new car seat for Whitney--and we got a really great deal on it at Toys R' Us. I love when they have sales!
Today, Ryan started school again. I'm sure it's going to take some getting used to that he's going to have homework in the evenings again. He doesn't really have any tonight, but I'm sure the flood gates are about to burst. He also found out today that he's going to TA for his faculty advisor along with working in the advisor's lab. So, it should be an interesting and busy semester for him. The good news, however, is that he gets the full 3 weeks off at Christmas time--so we should be able to enjoy a nice, long break!
Well--I think that's all of our updates. If I think of any more, I'll post again later...
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












No comments:
Post a Comment