Saturday, September 29, 2007

As a result...

One of the benefits of feeling better is that I've had the desire to read again. So, when I took the girls to the library on Thursday, I decided to get a couple of books for myself. I had NO idea what I wanted to read and wandered up and down the aisles for a while (with two whining kids in the stroller) trying to see if anything caught my eye. Nothing.

So, I finally decided to look at the library computer and found lists developed by the librarians. I found a book called "The Friendly Persuasion" and then I remembered that my mom had recommended "The Secret Life of Bees." So, I picked that one up as well.

I just finished reading "The Secret Life of Bees" and absolutely loved it! Since it's on the New York Times best seller list, I'm sure I'm about the last person in America to figure out it's such a great book. It really enjoyed the style of writing and I'm thinking about getting "The Mermaid Chair" next time I go to the library. Has anyone read it? I'm loving this rediscovered love of reading...and did I say I LOVE feeling better? :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That book is one of my favorites. I'm so glad you're feeling better and getting back into reading.

estinger said...

The Secret Life of Bees...what's it about? I almost need a new book!