Some of you know that I've been going through kind of a hard time these past few months. I think it actually started before I weaned Whitney, but that event really set things in motion. I have not been myself at all. I had terrible mood swings at any moment and the tiniest things would set me off. I had no motivation to do anything and getting out of the house seemed like a big ordeal I couldn't accomplish on my own. I had no idea what was going on and felt like the darkness would last forever.
About a month after this started, I went to a naturopath doctor in Provo. He prescribed sleep and supplements to help me start feeling better. And, it worked most of the time. I still had some mood swings and my motivation was still lacking. Then, almost 2 weeks ago, I went back for some further testing. They adjusted the dosing of supplements I was already taking and added a few more to the mix. The first week was still a little rough--but this past week has been AMAZING!
I seriously marvel every single day at how well I suddenly feel. I cleaned the house, ran errands like crazy, took the girls to the library, and am once again finding joy in the little things of motherhood. Every night I pray that this feeling will not go away because it feels so good to be back in this place! I finally feel like myself again--like I can take on the world--and like I have something of myself to offer once more. I cannot believe the night and day difference in me from even a month ago. I am so grateful for this amazing change. I live every day just incredibly thankful for the light again.
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












1 comment:
Amanda,
I hope you don't mind but I am trying to get caught up on you. I can't imagine what an ordeal that must have been for you. I have those days from time to time (I think all moms do) but how awful to not feel like yourself for so long! Hope you are continuing to feel better.
Post a Comment