My biggest joy of the day today was surprising my children with a visit from their grandparents! My parents flew in today to stay for a long weekend. I took Kallie with me to the airport and she was SO surprised! I told her I had to run an errand to pick something up. She didn't ask where we were going--just came along. I drove to the airport, (about 30 minutes), to the cell phone lot, (which could really be a parking lot anywhere), and waited for a few minutes. Then we drove to the "Arrivals" deck of the terminal. Kallie looked out the window about when we got to the terminal and said, "We're at the airport." Yeah--sometimes you have to pick something up here. She said, "I wonder if it's from Grandma and Grandpa? Maybe there's something for me and Whitney inside!" And just then, I pulled up to the curb--and she realized who was standing on the curb. She said, "It IS Grandma and Grandpa!" I was thrilled that, in spite of our best efforts to ruin the surprise, the kids never heard us slip up and the surprise was a grand one! :)
Other joys from my day:
The parent of the girl wasn't at the bus stop. So, I talked straight to the girl. I was as nice as possible and basically explained that I'm sure she wouldn't like being talked to like that, so please don't talk to Kallie like that. I'm sure having an adult come and talk to you is intimidating, so I really tried to keep it light and be extra nice. The girl wasn't thrilled about the conversation, but I hope I helped her understand that I wasn't mad--I just wanted her to know where was another way to handle it. I guess we'll see if HER parents come talk to ME now...
This probably seems a strange joy, but all of my kids are sick. I'm NOT happy that they're sick. We had the whole surprise thing going on, Trunk or Treat tomorrow, inlaw's mission farewell on Sunday...it's just NOT a good weekend for sickness. BUT--they are all sick at the same time! Granted the girls seem to have cough/colds and Clayton has a tummy bug, so hopefully they don't cross-contaminate. It's actually a little easier that they're all down at once, instead of dropping one by one over the next few days. (And, Clayton seems to be doing a little better tonight. He probably won't get to the Trunk or Treat tomorrow afternoon since he still had a fever tonight...but hopefully he won't really know the difference and will be ready for Halloween on Monday!)
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












No comments:
Post a Comment