I don't even know where to start. It's not that my day was incredibly joyful, because really, it wasn't. I stayed up too late Wednesday night, so I nursed a headache all day, felt sick, and just wanted sleep. My kids were decently behaved, so that was good. And I did get a nap.
When Kallie came home from school, she told me a girl a couple of years older on the bus had told her that she hated her, she was a brat, she was stupid, and she was going to throw her out the window--all because Kallie sat down next to her, and the girl wanted a particular BOY to sit next to her. (Really? Especially at THAT age, NO boy is worth that kind of unkindness.) I wondered if that was considered bullying? I think it is. I'm hoping to talk to this girl's parent this morning. I have no idea what I'm going to say, I just know that it needs to be addressed. You just DON'T talk to my child (or anyone else's for that matter) like that.
I was working on my project tonight and realized that I had missed one step. So, I had to rip out HOURS (Days?) of work and start again. I was trying to get it done for an event this weekend--but that's just not going to happen. I was devastated.
I suppose the good news is that Ryan went in early to work, instead of coming home late so he could work toward a deadline. Coming home at the usual time meant that he was able to fix dinner and wrangle children so I didn't have to. I also got to go to bed SUPER early--meaning I took my Unisom just after 7:30 and started trying to sleep just after 8. (Nevermind that I couldn't fall asleep because I had potential conversations with the girl's parent running through my head...)
AND--I do find joy in knowing that the secret we've been trying to keep from our kids for WEEKS will finally come out today! I'll post about that later...
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












2 comments:
How horrible! Poor kallie and poor you. That's so sad. I'm so happy for you that your parents are coming finally and you can surprise your kids!
Your craft project sounds like crochet???
Sorry it didn't work out.
That girl is definitely bullying Kallie. Good luck talking to her parents. Hopefully they understand.
Post a Comment