Today has been one of those days. The thing that really gets to me is that I know exactly WHY it's been one of those days and, here's the clincher...I did it to myself!! Staying up later-than-usual last night was not a good idea. Even when I'm not pregnant, I am a girl who needs her sleep. Sleep is so necessary for me that my sweet husband will do almost anything to make sure I go to bed at a decent hour. Just like every other aspect of my life right now, pregnancy seems to magnify this issue about 100 times.
I woke up at my normal hour this morning, but could feel the exhaustion pressing around the edges--more than usual. At naptime, I rested in bed, but somehow wasn't tired enough to lay down my book and go to sleep. And then things deteriorated from there. (Apparently, I need to STOP reading. It's all the reading that's killing me right now...) For the past few hours, I've been weepy, slow-moving, and not really caring that my kids weren't listening. I just didn't have the energy to struggle with them tonight. (Although I did still manage to fix dinner and feed my children prior to my husband's arrival home at 6:30.)
So, tonight, my biggest joy is actually something that I feel was lacking to some degree today--and that is health. I suppose this is all relative, as I'm still nauseated quite a bit. BUT, when I'm tired, I just don't deal with the rest of life very well. And, in order to be more open to joy tomorrow, I am going to bed. Right now.
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












No comments:
Post a Comment