Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Joy: Day 29

In spite of appearances that would indicate otherwise, I have not forgotten about my final few days of joy.  I have just been SO busy this weekend--with many joyful events--that my normal blogging time was replaced by family time and sleep.  The last of everyone left this morning (for two whole years!--that post is coming later...) and while my kids are lunching in the kitchen, I am going to play catch up.  (And then I have an appointment with my bed.)

Saturday, I thought for sure all of our plans would be cancelled by my kids' sicknesses.  Imagine my surprise when they all woke up feeling FINE!  (In spite of Kallie's ear hurting so badly the night before that she woke up crying and ended up sleeping on the floor of our bedroom.)  I was actually quite surprised and felt a little unprepared.  I was sure glad my mom was around to help finish up the Halloween costume prep!  While the kids played and Ryan...I don't know what he did that day...cleaned, maybe?, my mom and I sewed and ironed and glued.  And then I made cupcakes for the trunk or treat.  After the trunk or treat/carnival (which was a lot of fun), my parents took us out to dinner at Bahama Breeze for my birthday.  That was fun, too.

There was a lot of joy in spending time with family, kids feeling well, getting the costumes DONE, baking (it's been a while!), going to a ward activity, and getting to go to one of my favorite restaurants.  Plus, in spite of the typical Seattle season, the sun was shining that day!

No comments: