Halloween was a fun day at our house! After dropping Kallie and Whitney off at their respective schools, (and going to Whitney's preschool Halloween party), I got to go shopping with my mom. I REALLY needed a new maternity dress, and we actually found one! It is so hard to find maternity clothes that are long enough, cute enough, and don't cost a fortune. This fit all three categories. I was amazed!
And, related to that, because of how the mirrors were hung in the dressing room, I had quite a good view of my back side. It's not one that I see very often--so I took advantage of analyzing the view. Really, for as not-skinny as I am, that perspective looks a lot better than I thought. I was pleasantly surprised by that thought.
After shopping, I took a nap. After the busy-ness of this weekend, I was EXHAUSTED. And, I knew because of Halloween, I would be up later than I should be that night. I seriously don't know why my bed is so wonderful right now! But, it continues to be one of my favorite places.
Halloween night was a lot of fun. We got the kids costumed and sent them out to gather candy. Clayton was impressed that people were handing the stuff out. Both Grandpa and Papa got to go with the kids (and Ryan) to make the rounds of our smallish neighborhood. When they got back, we bundled them in the car, (minus the grandparents), and headed over to our friends' Halloween Open House--where fresh, homemade doughnuts were being served. Yum! It was a great to chat with the adults while the kids ran around like crazy, working off the candy they'd already eaten.
After getting the kids to bed that night, I actually sat down and hung out with the grown ups for a few minutes before heading to bed. I was quite surprised that I was able to stay up that late--and was pretty sure I'd be paying for it the next day! (FYI: The next day wasn't as bad as I anticipated.)
It was a fun Halloween and I'm so glad both sets of grandparents were here to enjoy it with us!
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












1 comment:
You are amazing! I am so impressed that you blogged all of this.
Post a Comment