Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Clayton

I know I somewhat recently posted about Clayton.  But there are so many things I want to remember about him right now!  He is just constantly doing such cute and funny things!

For example...

Clayton sits next to me at our table.  He has recently discovered that if he makes a scooting motion while in his high chair, he can navigate himself around a little.  So, he will scoot himself closer to the table, and then pull on my chair until he's right next to me.  He will pull on my arm, (which I'm usually trying to eat with), and lay it across his tray.  Then, he'll lean his head down to snuggle with my arm.  It's at this point that he will start blowing raspberries on my arm.  He will also try blowing on different places to hear the different sound results.  He LOVES the reactions he gets when he does this, so it has become a very common occurrence--in fact, pretty much nightly.  I decided that I could fight it, or I could laugh and enjoy it.  So I laugh along with everyone else.

Something I ADORE about Clayton right now is that he loves to give me kisses.  Often, he'll grab my face and give me a kiss--but if he can't reach me, he'll say, "Tiss?" repeatedly until I lean my face down next to his.  Today, at naptime, he said, "Tiss?" so I leaned my face down...and next thing I know, he's giggling and blowing raspberries on my cheek!  Silly boy.  I really just can't help but laugh at him--he thinks he's being so funny.  And, really, he is.

That reminds me--he has started singing along when we sing his lullabies at night.  It's so cute!  I seriously melt every time he joins in.  He'll usually sing along with his favorite parts of the song...and sometimes with the whole thing.  And I never know when he's going to join in or when he's going to just listen.  But I can't help but snuggle him a little tighter when he starts to sing with me.

One more bedtime-related thing...actually, this happens any time he wants to snuggle with me.  If my hair is in front of my shoulders, (or any other place that Clayton thinks it shouldn't belong), he will pop his little head up and say, "Hair. Way." Meaning, "Your hair is in the way.  Please move it."  Again, it's one of those little endearing things that I just love to hear him say.

Another very funny thing that he does, (which he doesn't know is funny), happens every time we get in the car.  Clayton loves to watch shows.  So, as soon as we get in the car, he requests that we push the button to pop down the DVD screen.  However, because of his cute way of talking, and his frustration that we won't always do it, he ends up yelling, "PUSH BUTT!  PUSH BUTT!" over and over again.  The b-u-t-t word isn't one that we allow in our family, so I've been trying to get him to say but-TON to no avail.  For now, buttons remain butts.  And we continue to laugh.

Clayton, for the past several months, has also been fascinated with babies.  Even before I was expecting, he was pointing out every baby that he saw and asking to hold them.  When we go into the Mother's Room at church, (usually when he hasn't had a nap), he will see other babies and ask me if he can hold them--and then gets upset because he can't.  Since Monday, I've been mentioning "baby brother" a LOT, trying to get him used to the idea.  Today, while we were shopping, he saw a tag with a picture of a baby on it and said, "Baby!"  And then, a moment later, while I was looking at tiny boy clothes, he said, "Baby Brudder?"  I melted again.

All I have to say is that if this next little boy is as cute as his big brother, then I will be one very lucky momma!

No comments: