Friday, August 8, 2008

Whitney's Newest

Whitney has been so much more verbal lately. And, the ways she is expressing herself just crack me up! The other day, Ryan was sitting down on the couch to read with the girls. Whitney started going after the books, so Ryan moved them to his other side. As he was doing so, Whitney said, "HEY! No, no, no!" Both Ryan and I just started laughing! ("Hey!" is one of her favorite phrases right now.)

Whitney has also started taking great pleasure in simply letting us know she KNOWS words. This morning, she brought an open Little Einsteins book to me. She was pointing to a picture saying, "Dile! Dile!" When I looked, sure enough, there was a crocodile. She then went through all the names of the "Steins" (as she calls them) and smiled a HUGE smile when she finished.

Maybe I still see Whitney as younger than she is, (since she's my baby right now), but I am constantly amazed by the things she has learned in the past 20 months. It is fascinating to see what a difference a few months can make. I am truly watching the miracles of life and learning happen right in front of me. I just can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I think I see my little boy as much younger than he is too...he is 26 months already(!) and I can't believe how fast his life is going by!

KaraLyn said...

So cute! I don't know if you ever come to Mesa, but if you do we TOTALLY have to get together. I would love to meet your girls! And if I ever travel to where you are, I'll let you know!

The Gould Family said...

She sounds so cute and fun to watch!

Andrea said...

It is amazing to see how quickly little children learn things and how much they change in such a short time.