This has GOT to be the second fluke in a row! Seriously, people! Today, while getting ready to leave my parents' house, I saw Whitney toddle into the bathroom and heard her lift up the lid. This usually means there's already a hand and/or foot in the potty. I stumbled over children and shoes strewn across the kitchen floor, (there were five kids, age 5 and younger, running around all day today there...), and made it to the bathroom door in time to see Whitney clambering onto the potty. I scooped her up and put her back on the floor, when suddenly an idea popped into my head, "Maybe she needs to go potty..." When I asked her, she said yes--so I put her on the potty. She grinned and said, "Potty! Pee-pee!" I was in the midst of reassuring her that yes, that's what we do on the potty, when the unexpected actually happened. She PEED in the potty! I was, once again, shocked. I seriously can't believe that my not-even-2-yet child is already scoring big on the potty. Although I don't see this really going anywhere in the next few months, I suppose stranger things HAVE happened...
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












3 comments:
thats amazing!!! jackson always tells me he has to go potty but then he'll just sit there and not go. yay for whitney doing these things so early!!!
My sister potty trained herself at 18 months...it could happen! Good luck!
This is totally what Jenni did. I think she was about 19 mo. old, and way too tiny for me to even think of potty training her (but she was very smart and verbally advanced for her age). I just kinda "humored" her and helped her use the potty when she wanted too, and she NEVER had an accident again - and then about a week later she started keeping her diapers dry ALL NIGHT, which just amazed me, because all my other kids before and since have not been able to stay dry for years after they were potty trained. She was so tiny that I still had to help her on and off the potty for another year before she could do it herself, evey though there was a stool there. Don't ask me why I didn't buy her one of those little kid potty chairs, I just didn't think about it. We just had a potty seat that went on the big potty. Anyway, perhaps Whitney will be like Jenni.
Post a Comment