I'm sitting here listening to my girls singing and chattering to each other in their bedroom. As of this moment, we're about an hour and a half into nap time and the constant noise has been going on for about the past 45 minutes. I think we're finally entering the phase I have dreaded since Kallie was an infant--the loss of her one and only remaining nap. It's such a challenge when you KNOW your child needs a nap, but all of the lullabies and bedtime stories in the world can't convince her of this. It gets even worse when your not-quite-2-year-old is woken from her much needed nap in the process.
As a mother, you know that you have to give everything you've got, 24 hours a day, no vacations. I don't think this happens all at once, though. I have still been clinging to nap time--the precious 2 hours of quiet when I could actually accomplish something in real time--as "my" time. But, when I get down to the truth of it all, losing that quiet, calm time is just the next step in the never-ending process of immersing myself even more into motherhood.
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












3 comments:
That is such a hard time. We've been there for awhile now. I usually let Macee sit and watch a movie she picks out, just so I have a somewhat quiet time (sometimes she even falls asleep). Of course they will still need something during that time, but let her know it's quiet time. That seems to work with us! Good luck... but definately don't put them both down in the same room or poor Whitney will never get a nap!
Oh man, I hope Tea never gets rid of her naps. She currently usually takes 2 and I know that is beyond lucky. I'm not willing to have her give them up. Whether she's napping or not, I think there will always be quiet time locked in her room
I can so relate to this! But don't worry...you can still have quiet time. When the youngest is taking a nap...I have my oldest pick a few activities she can do on her own and then it's "quiet time" so that Baby Brother can nap, Mommy can get a few things done and Big Sis is able to find out that there are lots of fun things that are quiet and that she can do on her own! And some days when Big Sis is acting really tired, I just say..."Today you are acting too tired. You will have to take a nap today." Good luck!!!
Post a Comment