One of the benefits of living in Wymount is that we have a fridge door AND a metal front door which we can clutter with magnetic stuff. I try to keep the fridge relatively clutter-free, so the door is generally reserved for toys and recent displays of creativity. For this reason, the "Word Whammer" calls our front door home.
Kallie has a lot of fun with this toy--not only does it provide letter names, sounds, and the alphabet song, the letters lend themselves quite well to sorting and organizing. It was in the middle of a sorting event that Kallie decided to line the letters up in a row, spanning the tiny crevice where door meets doorframe. With the row of letters lined up for a couple of feet, we explained that it looked like she was trying to booby trap the door. Now, any time she wants to feel sneaky, she lines the letters up across the crevice and says, "Look! I made a movie trap!" I think we'll let that mispronunciation slide for now.
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












2 comments:
Hehe--Maybe I'll teach her about how to rig things with string next time I'm up to visit....
that is a popular toy at our home as well.
Post a Comment