A few weeks ago, I posted about Whitney confusing the bathtub for the potty and now I have an update. (Since you were all waiting on the edge of your seat for the next installment.) Knowing Whitney's lovely little habit, I'm much more attentive and tuned in to what she's doing when playing in the bathtub. Last night during their bath time, Whitney looked at me, pointed to her bum, and said something that sounded like potty. I figured maybe she was trying to tell me something, so I whisked her out of the tub and sat her on the potty. Sure enough--she pooped in the potty!! I was so shocked. I figured it's never too early to start rewarding appropriate behavior, so she got 3 m&m's for her communication and the result.
Now, lest you think she'll be potty trained next month--she's really not ready for that yet. While she can SAY potty, she can't undress herself, nor does she ever have dry diapers when she wakes up. I figure we've got about another year before we get to that point. BUT--if we can at least make a change where the bathtub is concerned for now, I will be one happy camper!
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












3 comments:
Yay! Hurray for you! No more poop in the tub (or I hope not anywhere else for that matter!).
I am so dreading the potty training with Baby Bro! But on the other hand...I'd also like to get past the pee in the bathtub phase! :)
(BTW - I posted an "award" for you on my blog today)
Potty training is never fun. Way to hang it there. Any progress is always should get a celebration in that department.
Post a Comment