Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Day Off

Today, Ryan took the girls ALL day so I could have the day off to accomplish a few things before he starts his last semester. It was wonderful and I got so much done!

I planned and gathered all the supplies for sharing time tomorrow. It will just be me and my secretary tomorrow, since one counselor moved and the other is out of town. I hope it won't be too crazy with everyone gone!

And, I started putting together my "Home Management Binder." I finally nailed down the sections I want to include, put together calendars for my binder through the end of the year, planned a 6 week cycle menu (which took MOST of the time), typed up the recipes for my menu, and purchased papers to use on my dividers.

While I was doing all of this, Ryan fed and got the girls dressed, got them down for naps/quiet time, took them grocery shopping, and "fixed" dinner. I say fixed, but really, he picked up dinner from Cafe Rio. Perhaps I should have him cook more often! :) He is such a great dad and an amazing husband. I was so grateful to have a day when I could just get things done without interruptions every 10 minutes. I have to admit, I felt a little guilty turning my responsibilities over to him for the day. But, I'm grateful I was able to sit down and finally put together things I've been thinking about for weeks now!

6 comments:

Rebecca Cluff said...

You deserve a day like this, so don't feel guilty! I'm curious about your Home Management Binder. I've considered making one myself, but am not really sure what to put in it. What do you have?

Carrie said...

I am curious about your home management binder, too. It sounds pretty awesome. Is there a place online that I can look at an example, or are you the ingenious originator of this fabulous idea?

Leslie said...

What a good man. I love all the work you did on your "day off."

Jared and Delia said...

Lucky you. It sounds like you got a lot done that will make every other day easier.

Mickelle said...

Don't feel guilty. Or, if you do, have him come take care of my house.

Andrea said...

Sound like you accomplished so much! I hope primary worked out with other leaders being gone. How is your primary program going?