This morning, Kallie woke up with a fever. At first, it wasn't too high...but as the morning progressed the fever did, too. When it got to about 101.5, I gave Kallie some Children's Motrin, after which she immediately fell asleep. About 45 minutes later, after the Motrin kicked in, she decided to get up and play. Keeping a 2-year old down when they feel well enough to be up and around is quite a challenge. So, she played for a bit and then wanted to "tuddle mommy" while we watched Sesame Street.
After her afternoon nap, her fever wasn't too high, so I held off on the Motrin for a while. I figured that not feeling well was a signal for her that she needed to rest. And, rest she did. Her only request was, once again, tuddle mommy--so I sat on the couch with her for the rest of the afternoon. Once again, as the afternoon progressed, her fever followed. After dinner, (and right before bed), I gave her another dose of Motrin and continued to tuddle her on the couch. She finally fell asleep in my arms. My mom told me that the only time she got to hold and snuggle me when I was little was when I was sick...and Kallie is the same way. The fact that she fell asleep anywhere that wasn't in her bed is a definite sign that she's not feeling well. I have to admit, although I don't like her being sick, it's nice to be able to tuddle and hold my very busy 2-year old. Those kinds of moments are only going to become fewer and further between as she grows--so I'm trying to enjoy them while I can.
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












2 comments:
Thats so sweet... Ryley's the same way, so I love to cuddle with her when she's sick. I hope Kallie feels better soon... but in the meantime enjoy those "tuddles"!!
Sometimes I enjoy those moments when Brooklyn is sick because its one of the few times she'll just let me sit and hold her. I hope Kallie gets better soon!
Post a Comment