Earlier tonight, while I was in the thick of Night Two of the Sleep Separation Technique, I was thinking, "Man, I don't want to bore people with the details of our bedtime struggles with Kallie." And, then I thought, "You know what? It's my blog--and I'm going to write what I want!" So, if reading about our attempts at an easier bedtime are boring you, then stop reading and check back every other day or so for something more interesting. For those of you who are still curious, read on! :)
Before putting Kallie to bed, I thought that she would react one of two ways to the repeated events of last night. Either she would catch on and stay in her bed and I would be out of there sooner. Or, she would catch on and push the limits to see how serious I really am about this new technique. Kallie, being the smart, curious child that she is decided to push the limits. She is, after all, a little scientist by nature. Aren't all 2-year olds?
Tonight, I put her back in bed TWENTY-NINE times! For those of you who are following the saga, that's just over 4 times as much as I put her back in bed last night. She also jumped on her bed three different times and tried to make me think she was going to look out the window, (she gave up on that after she realized it wasn't catching my attention). She threw her pillow on the floor 3 times. The first two times, she jumped out of bed and picked it up before I put her back in bed. The third time, I grabbed the pillow and threw it into the hall before she could get it. She cried for her pillow for a little bit, but hopefully she'll learn not to throw her pillow out of bed anymore. It was after this that she finally told me, "Go away mommy! Go see daddy!" a couple of times. I seriously had to bite my lip to keep from laughing! Once agian, it took about 30 minutes for her to fall asleep. Now, I'm wondering how long it will take for the behavior and time to peak before it will start to improve. I'll keep you posted...
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












1 comment:
Holy Cow! 29 times! That's what a child needs, consistency! Kudos, I would have pulled her out put on a movie popped some corn and called it a party!
Thanks for your advice on the caught in a lie thing... I think I will do as you say and let it go. (Though it still eerks me... ALOT!)
Post a Comment