Friday, August 10, 2007

Sleep Separation, Night 3

Tonight was a definite improvement over last night! Kallie only got out of bed 17 times--and I realize that's more than twice what she did the first night--but that's still 12 times less than last night. And, it only took about 20-25 minutes for her to settle tonight. Plus, she didn't throw anything off her bed. I think she's catching on!

I do have to note, though, that she tried a couple of new tactics tonight. The first several times that she got off her bed, she covered her eyes as soon as her feet touched the floor. I think she thought that by doing so, I wouldn't see her--and therefore, wouldn't put her back in bed. When that didn't work, she tried burrowing, feet first, under her comforter down to the foot of her bed. Then, she would toss the covers back and slip out of bed, then cover her eyes. Once again, it didn't work and she finally gave up on it. However, a couple of times before she finally gave up, she would yell, "NOOOOOOO! Nooooooooo!" when I put her back in bed. I'm getting pretty good at stifling laughs now, thank goodness!

This may be a long and arduous journey--but hopefully it will just get better from here!

No comments: