Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sleep Separation, Day 7...and more

I realize it's been a few days since Day 7 actually occurred. My sister-in-law and niece have been staying with me while our husbands are camping with the boys in their family. So, I haven't had as much time to blog at night. On to the progress...

Day 7 was a break through evening for Kallie. Because I had a lot to do after she went to bed, I couldn't sit in her room anymore. So, I asked if she wanted the door open or closed before I left the room. She requested for it to stay open--and she only got out of bed twice! The second time, I told her that she needed to get back in bed and go to sleep. And, she went right in and did just that!

The next night, she again requested the door stay open. I think she would have stayed in her bed with no help, but Whitney is teething and was a bit fussy while she was trying to fall asleep. So, Kallie came out a few times, but went right back in and went to bed when she was told.

Tonight, it has been absolutely miraculous. I put her in bed and reminded her that big girls stay in bed--and left the door open. She hasn't gotten out of her bed ONCE tonight! WAH-HOO!!! I was putting her to bed at about 7:30 before this week--and because of our crazy week, her bedtime has been moved back to 8, which I really feel is a better bedtime for her. Between a little later bedtime AND leaving the door open, I think we've found the magic combination! She's doing great.

Oh--and I should also mention that she's been sleeping in until 7 a.m. for the past few days. This is absolutely wonderful for me, as I'm supposed to be sleeping in--and with Ryan not being here, I was dreading getting up around 6 with her every morning. Maybe the later bedtime is helping? I have no idea--but I am NOT complaining one bit!

No comments: