Monday, August 13, 2007

Sleep Separation, Night 5

So, it's actually not working any better yet. I was SO ready to give it all up last night. Kallie was incredibly tired yesterday--she fell asleep while eating lunch and took a 2 1/2 hour nap. We even had to wake her up to go to my mom's house, which NEVER happens. So, we knew that she was running on not enough sleep. Therefore, I thought that this was going to be a cinch! Put her back in bed 2 times and be out of there in 5-10 minutes. Boy was I wrong!!

I only had to put her back in bed 10 times...and then she finally settled down and went to sleep. It still took about 30 minutes, but at least she was sleeping. So, I left her room. A few minutes later, she came out of her bedroom! I was really surprised because I was pretty sure she was sleeping. I think she saw that I wasn't there when she half-woke up and rolled over. So, I quietly put her back in bed two times. The third time, she was standing right outside her door and I, from the other end of the hallway, said, "You get back in your bed RIGHT NOW." And, she cried, but she went back in her room, shut the door, and went to sleep! I think I'm going to continue doing this for another few nights and see what happens--but at the same time, Ryan and I are brainstorming ways to help her WANT to stay in bed by herself. Because we all know that no 2-year old will do anything if they don't want to in the first place!

No comments: