Yesterday morning, I decided that I was going to make 10 freezer meals I gave to my mom for Mother's Day. But, the kitchen counters were covered with dirty dishes and the stove and counters needed to be washed. I knew I couldn't cook when the kitchen was in that state, so I cleaned the kitchen. It took me quite a while to get all of the dishes done, since no one had done them since Sunday night.
Then, I started cooking. I cooked from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m., with a few short breaks for feeding the kids and getting them down for naps, etc. By the time I was finished, there were 10 meals in the freezer ready to go and I didn't want to set foot in any kitchen for at least the remainder of the day--if not longer! Unfortunately, I had dirtied *a few* dishes in the process of making the meals. But, by the time I was ready to tackle them, Ryan and I headed off to our apartment to unpack a few boxes.
When we got to our apartment, guess what we did? We started washing dishes that had been in our storage unit for 3 1/2 months. And, the apartment doesn't come with a dishwasher, so everything we have done there we have done with good, old-fashioned elbow grease. I also cut out shelf lining and then dried and put away MORE dishes! We spent about 2 hours just doing part of the dishes from storage!
I had really hoped that by the time we got home, someone out of the three other adults in the house would have had mercy on me and decided to clean the kitchen. No such luck. So, this morning, I got up and started on more dishes. I spent about an hour cleaning this morning and then decided that I was tired of doing dishes. So, there are still a few larger pots and bowls on the counter. The kitchen is a lot cleaner, (since the counters and stove were clean before I started yesterday and I wiped them as I went), but there is still more to be done!
I guess that I should explain that it has been a long time since I have done dishes on a regular basis. My sweet husband and I have a deal that if I cook, he does the dishes. Since I like cooking more than dishes, he is the dishwasher in our home. I do actually do dishes from time to time, but probably not more than 3 times a month on average. As a result, doing more dishes than a normal household does in a day three times in a row is rather draining! And, the forecast for tonight is MORE DISHES!
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












1 comment:
I hate dishes... they're a never ending process... just when you get the kitchen cleaned up from breakfast, its lunch time... and then after you clean up lunch its time to make dinner and so on and so on and so on!!! its enough to drive us "dishwashers" crazy!!! I hope you got your dishes all cleaned up and you don't have to look at another dish for a long time!!!
Post a Comment