Friday, June 1, 2007

The Escapee

This afternoon, I was getting Whitney ready to go down for a nap. And, since Kallie and Whitney go down at the same time, Kallie was running around ransacking my room waiting for me to take her into her bedroom. Finally, in a moment of desperation, ("Please come away from that" just wasn't working anymore), I said, "Kallie, why don't you go get in your bed and get your binky and blanky and doggie?" Now, you have to know that Kallie still sleeps in a Pack 'n' Play, so climbing in and out is not as easy as hopping up onto a bed.

A few seconds later, I looked over into her room and saw that she actually HAD somehow climbed into her bed. I was pretty surprised! Then, I thought that she had probably used some nearby furniture as a booster and hopped in that way. Heading down the path of least resistance, I left her in her bed as I rocked and sang to Whitney. Once again, to my surprise, Kallie climbed OUT of her bed just as I was putting Whitney down. Apparently, she hadn't used any additional furniture for leverage!

This new talent comes at a great time, in my opinion. I really think that she is more than ready to start sleeping in a big girl bed. Both Ryan and I are a bit nervous about putting her in a non-contained bed, since Kallie is not known for her "sitting still" or "staying in one place" skills. Plus, while we're at my parents', there are too many fun things to explore in her bedroom. So, when we move into Wymount, we will be transitioning Kallie to a big girl bed. I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments: