Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Meet your new neighbors

Last night, when we got to our apartment, there was a BYU Campus Police car parked right in front of our stairwell. A policeman and a man in a suit were standing in front of the car chatting. As we were getting out, the lady from the apartment straight across from our door came out to the two men. I heard them tell her to please sit in the car so they could talk. Ryan and I averted our eyes and then gave each other a "What kind of neighbors do we have?" look as soon as we were in our apartment. The lady sat in the car with the policeman and suited man for quite a while. We were totally curious, but didn't want to blatantly watch what was going on.

A little while later, I heard the door across from ours close, so I figured the lady had gone inside. I needed to go out and get something from our car, and as I was heading out, the man from across the hall was headed out to talk to the guys in the police car. Again, I averted my eyes to and from my car, (which was 2 spaces away from the police car), and then whispered the update to Ryan as soon as I got back into our apartment. The man didn't talk to them as long as the lady did, but it was still a good hour before the police car actually left.

We're still speculating about what may have happened. Chances are there was a domestic dispute or something and the police needed to be called. (GREAT.) Or, we also know that the apartment across from ours is a 1 bedroom place, with a limit of 2 people per apartment. So far, from what we've seen, the neighbors have 4 people there consistently--2 adults and 2 kids. I'm kind of interested to see if they stay there much longer because both situations, domestic violence and overcrowding, cause immediate termination of the housing contract. I'll keep ya'll posted.

1 comment:

The Gould Family said...

juicy juicy stuff!! lol! i love stuff like that... you'll have to keep us updated!! ;-)