Monday, June 18, 2007

Update on Neighbors

I finally got to talk to our neighbors a few nights ago. Actually, I talked to the husband because apparently, the wife and kids don't really speak English. They're from the Congo and speak French. The extent of my French experience is 2 years in high school. And, since I've learned and more fluently spoke Russian since then, my Russion crowds out any French I might remember!

Anyway--they have been here for a year now. The husband is doing an MBA/Juris Doctorate (Business and Law school) combination and just finished his law classes. He said he still has some business classes to finish up and then he will be done. Their 2 kids are age 6 and 7 and are pretty nice kids. One has a more mellow temperament than the other--so you can guess which one is my favorite! :)

Knowing what I know now, I'm totally puzzled as to why the police were here the other day. They both seem like really nice people.

Oh--and one more update. I went to Enrichment in my new ward last night and had a great time! I got to talk to a lot of the sisters and get to know them better. There weren't a ton of girls there, but I think there are a lot of sisters here that are closer to my age and a lot of them have 2 kids. I feel more in my element and I think I'm going to enjoy my time here.

No comments: