Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Has anyone seen my patience?

I don't know what has happened in the past few days, but I feel like I have no patience anymore! Maybe I'm not getting enough sleep...maybe Kallie suddenly broke into the Terrible Twos...either way, my patience somehow disappeared in the middle of it all. I normally feel like I can deal with Kallie's extreme curiosity pretty well. Lately, it seems that she's going from one thing to the next, to the next, to the next, to the next--and all of those things are things she has been repeatedly told to keep away from. I really try hard to be very positive, telling her what I want her to do, as opposed to what I DON'T want her to do. But, after the 30th time of telling her something, I lose my cool. I don't usually yell--I just get really frustrated and end up putting her into Time Out.

The other part of this is that I'm trying to use "Love and Logic" parenting. Really, I think it's a wonderful way to teach children discipline and empathy. The empathy right now is the hardest part for me because I always forget in the urgency of the moment. I guess I need to utilize the idea of "reprov[ing] betimes with sharpness" better--with sharpness meaning that it is taken care of quickly and to the point. Until I better learn this, could you please keep an eye out for my patience? And, call me if you find it?

1 comment:

Ashby said...

I haven't seen it, but if you find it.....will you tell it to come my way next. Mine's been missing way too long!