This is one of my favorite books--so, of course, I HAD to see the movie. I'd been telling my friends about it for a couple of weeks now and was actually planning to see if I could get some people to go see it with me this weekend. Turns out I didn't have to wait that long! My visiting teacher, Cary, organized a Girls' Night Out tonight in honor of my 30th birthday, (which was Monday). It was going to be a surprise party, but she had to change the time at the last minute, so she filled me in earlier today. I was still really surprised and SO excited! We met for cake and then went to see the movie.
Some book-inspired movies are a total let-down--this movie was NOT one of those. Granted, it's been a while since I read the book, but everything I remembered from the book was in the movie. And, while a few details were left out, I don't think they changed the general feel of the movie from what the book originally intended. I really loved the movie! Even knowing what was going to happen, I still managed to get choked up at points. (I wasn't the only one--there were sniffles all around the theater.) It is such a poignant story and I feel it was FABULOUSLY portrayed! If you haven't read the book or seen the movie, I highly recommend doing both.
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












3 comments:
I loved the book! I can't wait to see the movie, but I guess I will have to because the closest movie theater is 2 hours away! I am glad to hear that it exceeded your expectations.
I'll have to add both the book and the movie to my list of to dos. :)
I was wondering if that would be any good. Love the book, but I didn't really picture Dakota pulling off that teenager role (she seemed a little young for it). I'll have to check it out. And congrats on the upcoming move to Seattle - what a fun place to wind up!
Post a Comment