Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Early Riser

Yesterday, Kallie got up much earlier than I did. Ryan was gone doing laundry and running, and I was enjoying my blissfully oblivious slumber. I woke up about the same time he came home. We discovered Kallie painting--at her easel, thank goodness--but with my acryllic craft paint. Since the office door wasn't gated when she woke up, Kallie took that as permission to enter and explore her surroundings unsupervised. She has been curious about mom's paints for a while, so I really can't say I was shocked that ended up as the focus of her exploration. We took the paint away, cleaned the paintbrush, and warned Kallie she was not to go into the office without mom or dad. A few minutes later, she was sitting on the kitchen floor playing with Whitney, while I fixed breakfast a few feet away. She suddenly called out, "Mom, look!" When I responded, she said, "Look, Mom, I'm not in trouble anymore!" I'm not sure what happened for her to decide that, but Ryan and I had a hard time not laughing as we reassured her that she needed to stay out of the office.

No comments: