A few of you have asked about the Home Management Binder I mentioned in a recent post. I thought I'd toss out a little more information about it for you. A couple of months ago, I was feeling the need to make things a little easier in my home. I'm fairly organized to begin with, but wanted to improve on what I've been doing. As I started looking around the internet, I found this blog post. I thought it sounded like a great idea, so I've been formulating my own binder ever since.
In reading through the information in that post, I realized my binder wouldn't need to be as involved as that mother's binder...yet. For now, mine will include the following sections, (click on the links to see the documents/webpages):
Calendar:
Monthly activities
Yearly birthday calendar
Cleaning:
Schedule (what happens on what day)
Emergency Quick Clean
50 Uses for White Vinegar
Household Cleaning Solutions
Food:
6 Week Cycle Menu
Weekly Recipes
New recipes to try
Restaurants we'd like to try
Coupons for eating out
Important Information:
Phone numbers (Dr., Ryan's lab, etc.)
Kid's current clothes sizes
Stages of responsibility
Ward directory
I'm still working on putting it all together. Once September is over, my life should be a little more calm, *crossing fingers*, and I'll have a little more time to devote to this binder. I can't wait to scrapbook some cute cover pages and dividers for it! Anyway--let me know if you have any other questions!
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












4 comments:
I kind of have one of these, but really need to get it better organized. I want to have a listing of finance stuff (bank #'s, acct #'s,etc) in there also. So if there is an emergency or whatever I can just grab it and run. I love how organized that lady has hers! Even the kid's home school goals. Inspiring!
This would be so good for me to do! Thanks for this Amanda!
I have something similar our ward did called a Home Preparedness book. Such a good idea, I think I would like to incorporate some of the stuff you put down in it, cause if something were to happen to me Jaron would be lost on some of Kierra's routine! LOL
Thanks for posting this, especially your menu cycle and recipes (what happens to Saturday and Sunday - does Ryan cook? :) )
Also, I've got a GREAT recipe for Cafe Rio Chicken Salad, if you're interested. Although, I guess you can just go there any time you want...
--Dreaming in CO
Post a Comment