Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Let the games begin!

Today was the BYU tech career fair and Ryan took full advantage of the 100 possible future employers in one location. He ended up handing out 20 resumes! As a result, he has 5 interviews tomorrow alone. Not only did he have great success there, but he had an interview last Friday and has a previously scheduled interview with yet another company this Friday. In addition to all of that, last Friday's interview has already invited him for a second interview! On top of everything else he's got going on, Ryan is now adding "prepare for interviews" to his daily list of things to do. Good thing the marathon was last weekend, right?

The thing about all of this is that I hope these interviewers can see what a great employee Ryan is. I'm pretty biased because I'm completely in love with him. BUT--because I'm his wife, I know both his strengths AND his weaknesses. And, I can honestly say he has very few weaknesses. He prioritizes amazingly well, pays attention to details, acts with complete integrity, has a great sense of organization--whether it be a physical space or a mental project, communicates very effectively, and can see a situation from all angles--which is a huge benefit when it comes to dealing with tough issues. Overall, he inspires me to be a better person; to develop the qualities he exhibits on a daily basis. I hope the potential employers he interacts with over the next few weeks will be as thoroughly impressed as I have been from the start!

No comments: