Saturday, September 13, 2008

Boring Games

Out of the many games played during college football season, I'd have to rank the most boring games among the best sometimes. Today, BYU played UCLA in what I would consider a boring game. There was no nail biting at the end of the game while we held our breath waiting to see if BYU would block the point after kick. (Although, I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of games that are exciting to that extreme, either.) In fact, we weren't even close to nail biting. At all.

Ryan and I don't get the channel on which today's game played. Since the game started during nap time, we opted to listen to the live internet stream until half time. We thought our ears might be deceiving us as it seemed that BYU was scoring a touchdown literally every few minutes, for a total of SEVEN in the first half, alone! What about UCLA? Absolutely nothing--other than a few turnovers.

At half time, we drove past the stadium full of screaming fans, (no traffic during the game!), to my brother's place, where we watched, (i.e. chatted through), the rest of this boring game. Just as we arrived, BYU scored yet another touchdown and put in their second string players. They managed to kick a field goal at some point--bringing the final score to BYU 59 UCLA 0. I'm really not complaining about the boring factor. Actually, that's one boring game that I'd like to see played out again this season!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I would have thought that this would have been a boring game, too. But being there first hand was a different story. It was probably more boring to watch on TV or listen to, but I think I yelled as much or more in this game as in any other. It was amazing!! We just decided to fork out the money so we could FINALLY see the games...if you don't mind driving up to K-town, please know you are more than welcome to come and watch them with us!! :)

Leslie said...

What a great post! I wish we could have seen the game. For some reason it wasn't on regular broadcast TV here in Arizona! I think BYU needs a few more "boring" games this season! Go Cougars!

Erin said...

Ditto.

Go Cougars!