Monday, March 24, 2008

My Calling

Sunday, I was asked to take on an additional calling as the new Sacrament Meeting Chorister. I haven't ever served in this capacity before, so it's a new experience for me. I would have to say, it's one of the easiest callings I've ever had, though. Since I've known how to lead music since I was old enough to wave my arm around, figuring out the beat pattern isn't much of a challenge. In fact, the most challenging part of this calling seems to be purely physical--as my arm gets pretty tired by the end of the songs, especially when they're slow. At least this calling presents some motivation to tighten up these budding Relief Society arms.

3 comments:

Cami, Nathan and Tracy said...

Oh.. I can help with this. From my class on conducting that I had to take as part of my music degree the trick is that you are probably conducting the pattern too high. You should conduct the pattern lower with the top of the pattern at your shoulder and the bottom at your waist. Makes it a lot easier.

Leslie said...

Good comment from Cami! But if that doesn't work...hopefully it will be worth the burn! :)

Elmer Family said...

I had that same calling for a few years before I got married. Since then I have done it in Nursery and now in Relief Society. I hear ya on the tired arms! I need to take your friends Cami's advice too!