I'm really hesitant to post about this on here, because I know the second I do, something will go wrong. BUT--today is the 6th day that Kallie has been 100% accident free!!! We did diapers on and off for a few days and then she finally got sick of wearing them and has been doing really well ever since. I'm so proud of Kallie's progress!
While I'm at it, Kallie had a very funny day yesterday. I say that because she just kept saying funny things to me. So, I wanted to write them down.
Every time Kallie goes potty, she gets a treat from her Halloween bag. (Yes, we still have Halloween candy--no 2 year old needs as much candy as she hauled out of my parents' neighborhood last year. She couldn't even carry her own bag!) Anyway--in an attempt to get rid of the candy and encourage Kallie's good potty habits, we've resorted to bribery. So, yesterday, she picked out a package of Twizzlers. After she started munching on it, she brought it to me and said, "Mom--this candy is red. It's STOP candy, Mom!" Apparently, we've been really effective in teaching her that red is STOP and green is GO.
Later in the afternoon, she chose a mini KitKat. She was so excited about eating it! She came running in to where I was and said, "Mom! I got a chocolate candy with cookies inside! I have a Kitson candy!" Kitson is my sister's, (Mirinda), cat--who Kallie LOVES to see when we're at my parents' house. Kitson and KitKat are really close--and when you spend more time with one than the other, they're easy to confuse.
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












3 comments:
yay! new posts on your blog!!! i check all the time!!
glad kallie is doing better with potty training, i hope it continues to go well!
I really hope that she keeps doing so well with potty training. It's okay to bribe, we go so far as to bribe Daniel to eat so don't feel bad about a little bribe.
Congrats on the potty training success. I'm still working with my 2 1/2 year old. She is quite the stubborn Little Miss, so she only wants to go when SHE wants to go. We're using sticker books where she can "dress" dolls and ballerinas and princesses, but we're a long way from underwear!
And nope, you aren't the only one with Halloween candy still. We have a bowl on our kitchen counter still full of it. It's nothing like the buckets my mom would bring on our road trips to Florida, but we hold onto our candy, too!
And of course, the reason I came her to begin with is that I'm doing Spark, too, and I love it. It's a great tool and has made a huge difference for me. Good luck with it!
Post a Comment