Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Toyland

A few weeks ago, a strange phenomenon started happening in our home. When Ryan came home from doing the laundry, I noticed there were a few toys in the empty laundry hampers he brought home. When it happened again the next week, I started to get a little suspicious. I'm now convinced that the toys are purposefully trying to escape because Ryan continues to return stow-away toys each week now. I'm not sure why the toys have decided that being in the apartment isn't such a great arrangement. Maybe my girls are TOO hard on the toys and they need a little time away before jumping back into the fray. Maybe, in the 10 seconds before they're removed from Whitney's hands, the window-banged toys have seen there's life beyond these bland-white walls and hope to travel the parking lot. Maybe the house toys have heard from the sand toys what a great place the playground is and they want a chance to see for themselves. Whatever the reason, I hope they never realize the laundry hampers aren't the best escape route!

No comments: