Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Poor Kallie!

I don't know what it is lately, but Kallie has managed to get all sorts of bumps and bruises in the past few days.

Toward the end of last week, (I think this was on the running away day), Kallie climbed up on a chair at the table and grabbed the napkins. She likes to blow her nose once on each one--and I didn't want her to waste them like she had done the day before. So, I took away the napkins and warned her to put her bottom on the chair. As I was saying this, she started jumping on the chair to protest the napkin removal and promptly fell off the chair. She didn't bump her head, thank goodness, or break or sprain anything...Whew!

Sunday night, as we were all sitting around talking after dinner, Kallie decided that she wanted to walk between her highchair tray and the table--and she didn't fit. So, she pressed her head into the space and pushed her way through. She made it to the other side, but not without gaining a scrape/table burn on her forehead in the process.

Then, I took Whitney to the Dr. for her 4 month appointment, and Kallie tripped a few times as we walked in and out. I was holding her hand, so she didn't totally fall, but she managed to get some minor scrapes on her knees.

Yesterday, during the stressful hour-before-dinner time, Kallie needed a diaper change. I turned around for 15 seconds to get a diaper and when I looked back at Kallie, she was standing up from where the cat was laying and started to cry. Knowing that she had already been teasing the cat a little earlier, I was not shocked to see that the cat had finally had enough and scratched her face, right under her eye. I was SUPER grateful that he hadn't scraped her eye--that was slightly scary. So, now she has a scratch across her cheek to go with the mark on her forehead.

After comforting her, I needed to change her diaper, so I told her to lay down. Instead of going over to the carpet, where we usually change her, she layed right down on the wood floor. So, I just changed her right there. There must have been something poky where she layed down because when she stood up, she had a red mark on her back. I felt awful about that one!

I'm just hoping her rash of scrapes, bumps, and bruises is over for now!

No comments: