Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I love our new set-up!

I posted in an earlier blog that I had moved Whitney into Kallie's room with her. I was pretty nervous about the transition and how it would affect my kids' sleeping cycles. I'm really big on allowing them (even helping them) to get enough sleep--so naptime and night time are important to me. Needless to say, I wanted to make sure they were both getting enough sleep with this new arrangement. And, so far, they are! There has been a very small learning curve in getting this new arrangement to work, though.

I learned that we have to put Kallie to bed first or put them to bed at the same time. If Whitney goes down first, she doesn't understand that she's supposed to be sleeping. Kallie, on the other hand, understands that and doesn't ask to get out of bed if I'm putting Whitney to sleep. I've also learned that Kallie is a great adapter. She adjusted to sharing a bedroom like that's the way its always been. Next step will be a toddler bed--and I'm nervous about that one, as well. But, if the adjustment is as smooth as this last one, we'll all be just fine.

No comments: