Sunday, October 4, 2009

Revolutionary

I realized a few days ago that all of my cookie sheets and loaf pans are the dark, coated metal kind. It dawned on me that on the back of every cake box I've read, instructions are to bake 25 degrees lower in those types of pans. My recent experimental goodies, (cranberry oatmeal white chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin gingerbread), have proven this is very sound advice. The cookies bottoms and crusts of my quick breads are no longer overdone. My baking has been revolutionized.

4 comments:

Lydja said...

Suweeeet!

Shannon said...

Glad you made the connection! Nothing like perfect baked goods! Also, you need to post both of those recipes. Sounds delish!

Shanell said...

I love that you figured that out and that it is changing your life.

I love seeing pictures of the girls {and Clayton of course}

I love seeing you taking picures

i love that you read to escape, just like me

I love being able to pop into your "life" and read about how you and your sweet family are doing!

Jared and Delia said...

Yay! I love it when I discover a little trick that makes my cooking better!