If we were ever in doubt as to whether Whitney is 110% girl, her antics yesterday removed all doubt. As a little background, Sunday, we were assigned to bring brownies to our family gathering. I wanted to try a couple of things, so I made S'mores brownies and some brownie cups with Oreos on top. When the time came to pack up the brownies, I couldn't budge the brownie cups from the mini-muffin tin. After prying one out with a butter knife, I determined I had overcooked them and they were all good and stuck. (The S'mores brownies, however, turned out AMAZING. I'll make those again!)
Fast forward to Monday: I was finally getting around to the mini muffin tin, still laden with baked in brownies. I decided the best course of action was to spray them with water until they were soft enough to remove. After I got all 23 out of the pan, I tossed the soggy chocolate mess in the garbage can. (They were so overcooked that they were still holding their form when soaking wet!)
A while later, I asked Whitney to throw something away. She returned and with much concern said, "There's chocolate in the trash!" She was devestated and close to tears upon discovering what she thought was perfectly good chocolate in the garbage can. Once I assured her that the chocolate was yucky and supposed to be in the trash, she calmed down a little. But, seriously, leave it up to a true girl to get emotional about garbage-bound chocolate!
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












7 comments:
ha ha. That is cute.
CUTE!! I read the other posts as well. You are so dang lucky! You don't have cholasldfjalsdif thingy but you still get to deliver early! Rock on! And I loved reading about your baby kicking. That's my favorite part too. When I'm not pregnant, gas bubbles feel like the baby moving and I miss the baby being in there.
I think I would have cried too.
That's hilarious. Sounds like Whitney and Marné are two of a kind.
Perfectly edible chocolate in the trash can would be a travesty. I can completely relate. :)
PS-I made brownie cups one time and they were amazing. I will have to track down that recipe and post it.
I certainly can understand her emotion. :) Only 51 days to go for your baby boy- how exciting~
I love catching up with your little family. So many fun things, I'm so glad to hear all is well with little boy and you. I can't believe only 8 weeks! Good luck!
Post a Comment