Saturday, June 20, 2009

Baby and The Beast

One of my favorite things about being pregnant is laying in bed in the morning, cuddled up next to my giant, furry body pillow (aptly named "The Beast") and feeling the baby kick and squirm. First of all, it brings me comfort because I know he's still alive in there. Secondly, feeling the baby move is my absolute favorite part of being pregnant. There's something so bonding about being the only one who knows what your baby is doing at any given time--just you and your baby are sharing it together.

Earlier today, I was sitting in the office while Ryan was reinstalling everything on my computer. (My computer got sick yesterday...) As things were downloading, he started poking my belly--playing with the baby in a way. When he had finished poking it all over, the baby all of a sudden started poking back with the same frequency and intensity which his dad had used. I wanted to keep watching my belly undulate, but I couldn't help laughing at the tiny antics.

Even as I write this post, this little one is karate chopping my insides. And, I love it. None of my kids have kicked with this same strength and instensity. While the bladder kicks are my least favorite, I just love feeling every little move he makes. I know I'll miss it when he arrives in a little less than 8 weeks.

5 comments:

runningfan said...

Yes, boys have strength and intensity that girls usually can't match! :)

Even though I have an infant in my arms, I do miss her kicking me inside. For a couple of weeks I felt twinges and still thought, "Hey! The baby is kicking me!"

Brittany Hall said...

Funny! I named my body pillow Phil. Turning over with that thing in the middle of the night is like wrestling an alligator. But I couldn't do without it! :)

Jared and Delia said...

I love it too. Oh so fun. I can't believe you have just 54 days left!

Erin said...

Wow your almost done!

I love feeling the baby inside too. You have a headstart on knowing their personality.

Natalie said...

how exciting! I knew that feeling the baby move inside was going to be something that I miss as soon as he was born. There's nothing like it.