Saturday, February 2, 2008

Kallie the Fairy

The side bar on my blog contains sections of a few of my favorites. Under the Kid's Book section, you'll see that "Alice the Fairy" by David Shannon is one of the favorite books around our home. So, it's one of the books we got the girls for Christmas. Kallie now insists that we read this book to her almost every day. And, every day, she says the same things as we read the same story over again. Things like, "I want to turn my daddy into a horse!" and "Mommy, tell me about the light switch." We even made Kallie a "magic wand" just like Alice's. I knew that she loved the book and I was pretty sure she was close to having it memorized, but what she did last week caught me off guard.

Kallie had gone to her first "real" birthday party...you know, the kind where there are about 20 kids running around and they play games and have cake. Well, this party happened to be a princess themed party and when Kallie explored her goodie bag at home, she found a little "compact" style mirror--minus the makeup. A few seconds later, I heard her flip the mirror open and say, "Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the greatest...MOST of all?" And then she would smile and flip it shut. Of course, I know that she picked this up from Alice the Fairy because Alice says something very similar in the book--but to hear it coming from my 2-year old was absolutely hilarious! I couldn't help but laugh inside!

1 comment:

James said...

Heehee! Glad to have helped with this cute moment! I'm glad she enjoyed her party favors- Brighton always carries her bag around for at least three days. :)