After Kallie whined all last week, (to my complete frustration), Sunday night, while we were eating dinner at my mom's, she goes, "My mouth hurts!" I did what any decent mother would do and poked my finger into her mouth to determine the status of her teeth. Sure enough, she has at least one molar coming in. (Suddenly, the events of the previous week became clear to me!) I started giving her Tylenol/Ibuprofin that same night and suddenly, she slept better and was in a better mood on Monday. Tuesday morning, at the end of preschool, she started the fussiness and whining again--so I gave her a dose of pain reliever and she did alright the rest of the day...until she got more medicine at bedtime.
This morning, when she woke up, her eyes had bigger "sleepies" in them than usual and she was still complaining of mouth pain. Yesterday and this morning, she had a mild fever, (right around 100), but I attributed all of it to that darn molar. Well, after she woke up from her nap, her eyes were crusty and oozing green stuff...and I really didn't think THAT was a typical result of breaking teeth. So we headed over to the BYU Health Center's Urgent Care office. Apparently, after having a cold 2 weeks ago, the congestion continued, turned thick and green, and settled in right behind her right ear drum. Once there wasn't any more room there, it started coming out her tear ducts and infected both of her poor little eyes. My poor little girl feels absolutely miserable! (I can't blame her! I had something similar when I was a freshman in college--and it was neither pretty nor comfortable.)
Tomorrow we were supposed to have the preschool co-op Valentine's party at our house, but that's obviously not happening now. :( Kallie's always up for a party, so I'm sad she's going to miss it. Maybe we'll have to have a St. Patty's Day or Easter party instead.
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












1 comment:
Poor Kallie! I hope she is starting to feel better!
Post a Comment