Thursday, December 6, 2007

Random-ness

Kallie has been picking up on so much more lately...and she's been totally hilarious...so I had to post about a few of the things to remember.

First of all, Kallie has imaginary friends. A few weeks ago, she started playing with the "Einsteins" (of Little Einsteins fame) and at any moment, Quincy, June, Annie, or Leo may be anywhere in our house. A few days ago, they were living in our pantry and Kallie had to keep going in and out to get them out or put them back. Oh--and as a side note--all of the Einsteins are miniature people. They fit in the palm of Kallie's hand, so hard to avoid stepping on them, throwing them away, or leaving them in a room, (all of which I have been accused of doing recently). Probably my favorite Einsteins "oops" I've been in trouble for lately happened yesterday. We have this pitcher-looking machine called a "Cocomotion" that we use to make hot chocolate. It was sitting on our counter after being washed and I was putting it together to put away. As I carried it to the storage location in our office, Kallie started yelling frantically, "No, mommy! Come back! Leo's in there, mommy!" Apparently, Leo had somehow crawled into the Cocomotion while it was in the kitchen. I walked back to the table, and "poured" Leo into Kallie's hand. Before went to put it away, I double checked with Kallie to make sure he had really come out and wasn't going to sit in the Cocomotion for days all alone.

I recently posted about Kallie's interest in perfect pronunciation...and I'm happy to say that she still doesn't have all of her words right! Today, while I was doing the dishes, Kallie came and asked me if I had the "pick-ups," her word for hiccups. I was so happy to hear that she wasn't saying it right! I love seeing my kids grow, but I love that they're still little and I hope they stay that way for a while!

One more story on that subject: Tonight, we had spaghetti for dinner. Kallie announced that she was eating her basketti--and then shouted, "I said it right!" I laughed and, even though I knew she hadn't said it right, I said, "Good job," (At this point, Whitney started clapping), "You did say spaghetti!" And, two seconds later, she tried again and actually said spaghetti! I was impressed. I don't think I've ever heard a little kid pronounce that word correctly. I'm sure there are quite a few who do--but I'm almost positive it's one of the words most mispronounced by children.

1 comment:

Jared and Delia said...

I cannot believe she has an imaginary friend! That is amazing. She is such a bright girl!