So, I knew that Ryan and I would both be making sacrifices in order for him to go to grad school. Among many other things, Ryan's sacrificing a dishwasher, (since he's the main dish do-er in our home), and I'm sacrificing having a washer/dryer in our apartment. It hasn't been TOO big of a deal...before tonight. Admittedly, it IS a pain to drag my 5 loads of laundry, 2 different detergents, baking soda, (boosts the detergent so it cleans better), and dryer sheets over to the building, and then walk back and forth a couple of times to switch the loads to the dryers. But, it's definitely not the worst thing that could happen.
However, tonight, as I was taking the first 2 laundry bags in to the building, I was struggling to get the door open. I was trying to balance the bags so the laundry wouldn't fall out all over the place. I finally swung the door open--right into my second toe--and it hurt like CRAZY! When I first looked at it, I thought it had just sustained a minor injury near the cuticle. After a few seconds, it went numb and I finished getting the laundry started. About halfway through, I realized that my toe was bleeding and starting to hurt...and then I realized the corner of the door had actually ripped the majority of my toenail up. So, I walked home, (since we're pretty close to the laundry building), and washed it and bandaged it. And, Ryan, being the wonderful and amazing husband that he is, has taken care of the rest of the laundry tonight. My toe is still throbbing. :( Maybe laundry won't be so bad after my toe heals.
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












3 comments:
All I can say is ouch! Hope you're feeling a little better. Post some pics of your cute babies!
Oh! You poor thing! You really are making a huge sacrifice but it'll be so worth it. I'm proud of you guys. It's sooo tough, I know, but you are toughing it out more than we had to. Hang in there. One of these days you can come over when we move into our house and you can visit and do laundry if you want :) You're a strong woman and a trooper!
you're a better person than I am...I complain about doing laundry and it is right down the hall. Hopefully your toe gets better soon!
Post a Comment