A few days before we left for Seattle, the 2nd Counselor in our Bishopbric came over to ask me to speak. They didn't ask Ryan to speak, just me--which has never happened before and is a little strange to me. I guess they figure that battling 2 kids on the stand just doesn't set a great tone for Sacrament meeting?
Anyway--It's now been 2 weeks since I accepted this opportunity. I really don't mind speaking in church--performing of any sort in front of people has never been a challenge for me. BUT--I wish they could have waited until THIS week to give me the assignment! I've been thinking about what to say every day since they asked me to do it. I finally sat down and wrote most of my talk yesterday during the girls' naptime, but now I'm rehashing it over and over again and thinking about what needs to be changed and what doesn't. Had they waited longer to ask me, I wouldn't have to agonize over it as much.
My topic is the power and importance of prayer and scripture study. My talk is about 8 1/2 minutes long so far and all about prayer. This morning, while I was out for my walk, I decided that I need to cut some things out and then add a lot more about scripture study. Hopefully, I'll be able to find some quiet time tonight to get the rest of it written!
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












No comments:
Post a Comment