Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Disciple's Life

I have been reading Elder Neal A. Maxwell's biography for the past several months...maybe even a year because I remember reading it when I was pregnant with Whitney. Anyway--with all that has been going on in the past few months, I haven't picked it up again until a few days ago when I started walking on my parents' treadmill. It's nice to have something uplifting to read while I exercise.

Anyway--as I have been reading these past couple of days, the book has pointed out many of Elder Maxwell's talents and how they compare to the talents of other people he has worked with in CES, (such as Elder Oaks). Reading it has really helped me better understand that we really all do come to earth with different talents and abilities. One isn't better than another and conforming to those that I think I should have isn't a good idea either. Rather, I need to be grateful that the Lord has given me my own set of talents and abilities and use them to reach my potential and fulfill my mission here. I don't need to worry that I'm not Elder Maxwell or that I'm not Elder Oaks or any other wonderful person. I just need to go about my duties and be willing to let the Lord put me where He needs to be when He needs me to be there.

No comments: