Friday, March 16, 2007

Being a Mom is SO Not Glamorous!

After a few months of trying to set up a blog, I've finally done it! I was going to start yesterday, but things were a little crazy from the moment I got up. Here's what happened:

Kallie being the busy and inquisitive child that she is, likes to unsnap, unzip, unvelcro, remove, etc. every piece of clothing she's wearing when we put her to bed. This means that I usually find a naked, cold Kallie, and sometimes a few damp spots when I go to get her out of bed in the morning. Her diaper and jammies are usually either in her bed with her or have been thrown within a few feet of it.

Yesterday morning was about the same...I say "about" because there were some key differences this time. One difference, the blanket was covering her feet. Since I had heard her talking at midnight and again at 4:30 a.m., I don't know how long she had been laying there naked--the clothes could have come off at any point in time. The other difference was that this time, there was a pile of poo in her bed! I was thoroughly grossed out! As I was surveying Kallie to see how much she had on her, I was telling her, "Yuck! Gross! We don't poop in our bed! That's yucky! Eww!" And, she in her lispy, almost-2-years-old speech pointed at it and said, "Uck! Gwohss!"

After a morning bath, (she had just had one the night before), I cleaned up the rest of the mess. I scooped up the pile onto a paper plate, since that was the easiest thing to grab to get rid of it, and walked Kallie into the bathroom with me. And, I had her flush the "Uck! Gwohss!" down the potty while I explained that's where poopies go. She was rather unfazed by the whole situation--especially because, in her mind, poopies don't go in the potty, they go in the diaper.

All through this whole episode, I kept thinking about all of the celebrity moms. I wondered if they had ever woken up to a pile of poop in the crib? I wondered if they had ever scooped up that little pile and had to flush it down the potty? It was at that moment I decided being a mom really isn't glamorous at all.

No comments: