Thursday, March 22, 2007

Am I Getting Warmer?

You would think after almost 3 weeks of daily showers in my parents' basement bathroom that I would know by now. You would think after almost burning my hands and feet I would remember! But somehow, every time I'm ready to hop in the shower, I've gotta go potty. And, after you potty, you ALWAYS flush. It's not the pottying that kills me. It's the flushing. I consistently fail to remember that flushing while in (or just before getting in) the shower is like asking to be scalded. Once I turn on the water, I start to ponder why the water seems much too HOT for the position of the faucet. It only takes me about 5 seconds to remember--and then I have to stand at the back of the tub, freezing cold, while the water runs its course. It doesn't take more than a minute or two for the toilet to stop running and the shower to return to a normal "faucet position-water temperature" relationship. In that minute or two, I think that next time I'll remember and plan a little better. Obviously, after three weeks, that still hasn't happened.

1 comment:

The Gould Family said...

I've always wondered if that really happens... i've seen it on TV but have never experienced it! I hope you start remembering soon... for your skin's sake! lol.