Wednesday, September 16, 2009

At the Park

Last week, the girls begged me to go to the park. I told them if they could finish a few chores by a certain time, we would go. They finished just in time--so we went. I've made a goal to improve my photography skills, so I took the camera along. Here's how it went:


On the way to the park, I stopped and took pics of the neighbors' flowers. I LOVE this flower. Anyone surprised?

The first thing we did at the park was swing. I had Clayton in the Moby Wrap and was pushing both Kallie and Whitney on the swings. (Did I mention that I'm STILL recovering from a c-sec? The incision has healed, but my body is still getting up to speed.) I taught Kallie how to pump and then told her to keep it up. When she begged for more pushing, I told her to pump. She got mad, ran off, and started pouting. She has the most expressive little face!

I call this one "Whitney on the Slide"--for obvious reasons. Whitney LOVES to slide. Don't most kids?

The next few are me trying to be artistic. I love this bridge one because the girls look like they're making supermodel faces/poses.

This is their reflection in one of those plastic mirrors. I'm surprised the mirror is still intact. Most that I've seen look like they've been scratched to death by a wild animal.
The girls decided to play hide and seek. As you can see, Whitney is hiding and Kallie is seeking.

And, just to prove I was there... (This is the other side of the earlier mirror...and again, not one scratch!)
As we were getting ready to leave, we saw these blackberry bushes.

Kallie decided to try a few. She said they were really good!

4 comments:

Lara said...

Wow Amanda, when I saw that picture of Kallie pouting, it reminded me you you as a kid so much. Not that you were pouty or anything, but she just looks so much like you in that picture!! The pictures are beautiful!! I can't believe you even have goals 5 weeks after having a baby :) Way to go!!

Jared and Delia said...

A tip on photography...if you want it. If not delete this comment. :) I won't mind.

Okay...check out the digital photography school website. It has great ideas that help you improve and take on projects to stretch your abilities.

I also read and own the digital photography book for dummies written specifically for my camera. Understanding my camera has been the best thing in improving my skills. I hope I am not being presumptuous is giving this advice. I wish someone had given it to me so...

Have fuN!

Carrie said...

Great pictures! It is so nice to see how much your girls are growing!

Will and Heidi said...

Your kids are so cute! I can definitely see some resemblance to their mother. :) Sounds like a fun day. Hope you get recovered soon