I haven't mentioned anything about my health or the baby's health in a while, so I thought I'd do a quick post for inquiring minds. As far as cholestasis goes, I do not have it yet. At least that's the official stance right now. I'm puzzled about this, however, as I have had evenings where I'd like to cut my feet and lower legs off because they itch so bad. These evenings are coming more frequently--and I'm starting to get minor itching during the day sometimes. But, the blood work keeps coming back with insanely low numbers. I have to admit that I'm a little nervous that the symptoms and results aren't matching up. The good news is that my Dr. is still monitoring me very closely, with twice a week NST's and ultrasounds. This certainly helps alleviate some of my nervousness. And, I'm still delivering 4 weeks from tomorrow.
As far as the baby goes, he's looking perfectly healthy. In fact, he's so healthy that his estimated size (currently) is above the 97th percentile. Last week's ultrasound and this week's ultrasound both estimate that he will be about 8 lbs. (give or take 1/2 lb.) when he is born at 37 weeks. I have DEFINITELY felt that he is bigger than either of his sisters were by this point. I also got to see his sweet little (big?) face today--and the Dr. said he has a head full of hair! It's fun to have a peek inside during these last few weeks. But, I have to say, these peeks are making me a little more impatient! I can't wait to meet this little one and cuddle him in my arms! Not too much longer...
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












9 comments:
The frequent ultrasounds are the one perk to having a high risk pregnancy. Glad that you got to see the little one's face. That is so fun. It's also nice to know that there is for sure a light at the end of the tunnel. I like being able to plan like that. Hope everything goes well!
How fun Amanda. I am glad it is all going so well this time. You have the cutest babies. What is the deliver date?
Hang in there! The end is in sight!
Your so close. Hang in there. Wish I could be there to watch your girls or make you a meal.
WOW! Four weeks. That is so close. The ultrasounds would make me even more excited and impatient. We can't wait to see him.
Those cholestasis results are puzzling. I hope everything is okay.
I am really so excited for you and your first BOY!
How exciting! You don't have very long to go at all! I only had one ultrasound, so it must be nice to see him a lot.
And as for the hair-- I was in labor and the nurse said "looks like you have a red-head!" I thought, how can you tell? He's still inside and all gross and bloody, but she was right. I'm amazed at what doctors can see, especially in ultrasounds. I bet you'll have so much fun with his head full of hair! I know I love it!
So glad to hear the baby is healthy. And hair? Uh, jealous over here! I would expect him to be bigger than his sisters. It probably won't take long for him to surpass them when he's born ;)
Hey Amanda!! I am so excited to hear about this new little one joining your family...hang in there. I know the end is rough...I hope you don't itch too bad. Oh, I just made my blog private but I couldn't find an email address for you. Send me a message to kristaallphin@yahoo.com so I can send you an invite. Good luck over the next couple of weeks!
Amanda, i have bad itching like that too and i'm not pregnant or have cholestasis, so maybe its just dry skin like me? I hope so at least. I"m glad it appears that so far you're avoiding cholestasis this time around!!! I hope it stays away!! Glad you and the baby are doing well. Any names picked out yet?
Post a Comment