Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Silly Whit

Whitney has been quite the typical 2-year old lately. And, by that I don't mean she's been terrible. (Although she does have her share of "I do it myself!" and mini tantrums.) She has been experimenting with her new word awareness and comes up with the funniest things!

Monday night, while the girls were upstairs getting a game for FHE, we heard a *whump*. It sounded like it might result in tears, but all we heard was silence, followed by a shrill "Oh no!". A few seconds later, Kallie did start crying, (not a pain cry, though). As they came down the stairs, Whitney kept repeating, "Oh no! Oh no!" When they got to the bottom, Whitney ran over to the couch where we were sitting and said, "Oh no! Oh no! What a' do? What a' do? Kallie bonk a' head!," and started running in circles around the family room. Through the now forced tears, Kallie explained she had "fallen down the stairs." Which when translated, meant, "I slipped on a stair and fell on my bum." Thank goodness that was all! She soon joined us in laughing at Whitney.

Just today, Whitney brought our Little People Noah's Ark downstairs with a load of animals and the zookeeper from the Little People Zoo. (Noah must have the day off...) As she played, I overheard her conversation: "Hi. I a tao (cow). Moo." She has such a cute little imagination and I love seeing/hearing it pop out when she plays!

Finally, just after the cow conversation, I realized that Whitney had Kallie's chapstick. She's usually pretty good with it, but I've learned not to take chances. I asked her to please take the "lipstick" to her sister, but she didn't want to. So, she squatted down into a ball and said, "I hiding!" Silly Whit.

I just love what her little creative mind comes up with!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I can totally picture Whitney running around saying that. So adorable! I love that you call the chapstick "lipstick". Totally perfect for her.

Jared and Delia said...

What a fun girl! This post made me smile! :)

Jenni said...

Amanda - I just wanted to finally stop by and tell you thank you for your wonderful comments on our blog regarding the lullaby album. It is always nice to meet new blogger friends as well. :) Stop by anytime. Congrats on the pregnancy as well. :)