I have learned something in the past 9 weeks. There are certain things I care about more than others. Having a spotless house...don't care so much at the moment. Keeping the downstairs bathroom/laundry room door closed...DEFINITELY care about that right now. Kallie making a mess in the kitchen...don't care. Getting enough sleep...totally care. I remember a few short weeks ago when I was making short work of packing boxes, cleaning the house, entertaining the kids, and running last minute errands. Now, it's all I can to do wake up in the morning, eat breakfast, and tune the TV to Disney for the day. My motivation and energy disappeared with the positive pregnancy test I saw the day we moved into this home.
In all honesty, I've felt better during the course of this pregnancy than I have with either of my other two. It's much better to throw up once or twice a week, instead of 3-4 times a day. But, this difference this time is that I am 100 times more exhausted than I remember being with the last 2. Bedtime at 8, daily 2-hour naps, and resting on the couch the rest of the day. As a result, Kallie has become much more independent and I've become much better at just letting it slide.
In fact, the other day, I was not feeling well at all. I was laying on my bed when Kallie requested a snack. The thought of going all the way downstairs, figuring out what to give her, and then making it happen was more than overwhelming. Instead, I told her no more oranges, (I thought that 4 was enough for the day), and told her to go find something. When she returned to my bedroom about 15 minutes later, I asked what she had found for a snack. She replied, in a very matter-of-fact tone, "Chocolate ice cream, with nuts, and marshmallows." (Rocky Road from our freezer.) And you know what? I laughed. I later found 2 chocolatey spoons, (one for Kallie and one for Whitney), and a brown puddled ice cream scoop in the sink. I was proud of Kallie for being obedient and for figuring out what to have all on her own. I did, however, remind her that next time she needed to ask before eating ice cream.
Overall, I think there are blessings that come with my more relaxed parenting. I'm less likely to get worked up about things that really don't matter. And, my kids are learning to accomplish much more on their own. Not a bad trade-off for having another baby!
Isaac’s first football game of the year.
1 year ago












29 comments:
I am so excited for you. I remember the joys of being pregnant with kids. There were many times when Jeremiah wasn't home for dinner that we ate Cereal and sometimes it was all from one bowl. Hahahaa. Good times. Good luck.
Yay for baby #3!!! That is so exciting. When exactly is the baby due? So sorry to hear that you are so tired, but its worth it in the end, right? Best wishes!
Congratulations Amanda! How exciting! Hopefully you can get some of that energy back after the first trimester. I can totally empathize on letting things slide. It seems that has been something I have been doing for the last 2 months. My kids are definitely more independent but that is both a good and bad thing. Good luck with this pregnancy!
CONGRATULATIONS! WOw! What a time to be pregnant. I am impressed that Kallie got that ice cream out all by herself.
I was WAY tired with Reid too. I would wake up put on a movie and crash on the couch. Owen would wake me up to tell me the movie was over. I'd get up, put in a new movie and crash again. I didn't dare take half a unisom with my vitamin B6. I was fatigued as it was, I was afraid of what would happen if I took a sleeping pill.
I am so happy for you! Three! How exciting.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! YEA!! I'm glad you are feeling a little better with this one then the others. It's amazing how quickly the bigger siblings seem to mature into their new roles. They will both be a great help this time around, I am sure! What are you hoping for? Three girls sounds nice, doesn't it?! :) Hang in there and congratulations, again!!
By the way this is Delia. I didn't realize I was logged in under Jared's gmail account.
Congrats Amanda! I hope you get your energy back and the sickness goes away soon! I am really happy for you!
Was this planned or a little bit of a shock?
Oh, my goodness! Congratulations! How exciting! I'm glad the fatigue hit after you moved! :S Hopefully it passes soon. . . Maybe it's a boy this time? :D
Oh and when are you due?
Hopefully, those who have asked questions will see this comment...
I'm due Sept. 3. If I have cholestasis again, the baby will be born sometime in the month or so before that.
Although Ryan and I were looking forward to and planning to have another one very soon, this one showed up a little earlier than we anticipated. So, we were definitely a bit surprised. We're both definitely looking forward to this, though!
We're thinking, because of how different this pregnancy has been, that it might be a boy. And, we would be thrilled with a boy! But, we would be just as thrilled with a girl. I keep saying that I know how to do girls--and I don't know what I'd do with a boy. :) We do, however, have boy names picked out and are at a complete loss for girl names. I think the U/S will be sometime in April and I'll definitely post about it then!
And, BTW, just like with Whitney, I'm measuring big. The Dr. said he thinks my dates are off. Ummm...no. I just measure big in early pregnancy. Turns out the big-ness got me a "date check" ultrasound next week. I can't wait to see the bean and will post an U/S pic if I get one at that appt.
Congrats to you! What a way to start off life in a new state! Good luck with the next few months...it sounds like you've got a healthy attitude about letting things slide. :)
How exciting! I'm glad that you're not as sick. I wasn't as sick with my third one either, but also more tired too. Hopefully it will all for you!
wow! you go girl! hope things start to get better for you though sooner than later!
I started telling your old wardies that you are preggo. If I got pregnant right now I wonder how Edin would handle things. He can hardly do anything for himself. I think what I would do is just leave open food on the table for him so he could come along and help himself. That's basically what happens now except I would do it on purpose. HAHA Oh Disney movies, I love you!
Great news! We are so happy for you and your family. Can't wait to see pics of the "bean" as you put it LOL :0)
I LOVE the ice cream story!
Amanda I am so excited for you and Ryan! Oh and thanks for the comment on my post...it probably was gas and you know what, I feel much better now that I know :)
hey congrats Amanda and Ryan! Good luck with getting through the fatigue. Funny story about the ice cream.
Congrats y'all! I've been thinking about you a lot. Rest while you can...isn't it funny how they learn to become more independent?
Congratulations! I was in my first trimester the first part of our move (packing up...after I worked all day...didn't really happen...), but felt soo much better the next week as we were fixing up our new house, unpacking and organizing. I hope that you feel somewhat settled.
P.S. You need more pictures, including yourself!
Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you! Love the ice cream snack story!!
We are so happy for you guys. Three is a blast :-) Hang in there though. And I think "letting it slide" is a motto for any mom with a few kids.
Yea!!! Congrats on baby #3!! Hang in there... I know that sick time is SOOO hard when you are chasing other little ones around...
YAY, I'm so excited for you guys.
Bahahaha! I miss Kallie and Whitney and their crazy antics. Hilarious! Congrats on the new little peanut. I'm sure it...(uh is that politically correct??)..will be just as cute as the other two!
Congratulations! I remember getting more and more tired with each pregnancy too. Having other kids to take care of on top of cooking one does make for a long day. But whoever said naps are for kids is totally lying! It definitely helps that you're point of view is right where it needs to be. Learning that early on will save your sanity. Congrats again!
Wow, how could I have missed this one?! Congratulations!
Oh Amanda! I didn't know until today that you are expecting! That's so exciting! I wish you the best!
-Becca Meservy
Hey, I don't know if you remember me, Dixie from the "utah forum" I saw you blog on someone else's. Anyways, congrats on your pregnancy! I hope your energy picks up soon! You're girls sounds just adorable! Congrats again!
Post a Comment